[From the Frontline of the Refugee Crisis – 1 minute update from Danie and Esther]
A short update on the events of serving our purpose:
- Just when you thought the situation could not get any worse at Tabanovce…a group of 1200 people are stuck at Tabanovce and cannot continue to Serbia or go back to Greece. The services and facilities here are the worst and families are suffering in particular; after 7 months still no baths or showers.
- Café Mercy was established to serve people passing through, but catering for 1200 fulltime places a heavy burden on all of us. Our resources are depleted and there is not end in sight for this disaster.
- Global Challenge answered our call for help and despatched 3 teams of 11 young and energetic people for three weeks each to volunteer and help with the enormous need – they are working hard with a smile, everyday!
- WE NEED A MIRACLE – the dept of Labour and Social informed us today they will cancel our intended adoption if we don’t provide them with a SA social workers report about us within 11 days – please contact us urgently.
- Please pray for us, the past 4 months helping thousands of people has been very traumatic and placed a huge unplanned strain on our family… we find it very difficult to turn our backs on refugees.
Danie and Esther van Niekerk
Contact them at <firstname.lastname@example.org>