Ons land is in ‘n diep nood; Ek hoef niks meer daaroor uit te brei nie. Jy weet presies wat ek bedoel. Dis net ons as gelowiges wat ‘n antwoord ken hiervoor. Daar is geen ander oplossing beskikbaar nie, naamlik om ons terug na God toe te wend. OF WAT ANDERS IS DIE ALTERNATIEF?
This letter from Angus Buchan really touch my heart:
The Lord has been impressing upon me very much lately that I need to become more a man of prayer.
The world needs more prayer warriors. It is the most distinguished ministry in The Bible. Jesus Christ at present, is praying for you and I in Heaven. He is an intercessor and that is why I have the utmost respect for intercessors. In fact, I will not even attend a preaching engagement if there has been no prayer beforehand.
What is prayer? The Oxford dictionary calls it a “solemn request for help, or an expression of thanks addressed to God, or it is an earnest hope or wish.” If we go to The Word of God in James 5:16 (NKJV) the Lord shows us very clearly, “The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
The Word of God reminds us that Elijah was just an ordinary man, with the same nature as you and I, but he prayed EARNESTLY that it would not rain on the land for three years and six months, and it didn’t, but then he prayed again, and Heaven gave rain and the earth produced its fruit.
We are going to the biggest stadium in South Africa, as a Nation, to pray first and foremost to ask God to forgive us, and as we represent this nation – all ages, genders colors, creeds and cultures, God has told us that it is His people, who are called by His name, that will change this nation. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV), “if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
So it is, that we are going to be obedient to the Holy Spirit. We are going to repent as a Nation and then we’re going to ask our Heavenly Father, very humbly, to please send life-giving rain to this dry land, as we are at present experiencing the worst drought in over 200 years. We will ask God as well to have mercy, not only on our land, but on our continent and indeed the world. We firmly believe, as Christians that the greatest harvest of souls that the world has ever seen is about to start, but it will only start when God’s people start to pray.
Can you imagine 100,000+ people praying together in one place, how it will, by faith move the hand of God; to bring peace, to bring holiness, to bring joy and to bring an abundance of blessing upon a Nation, that at the moment is being raped, and plundered by the very devil himself.
As I write you this newsletter, (it will be the last one before the 19th November) we will undertake to obey God’s Holy Word, to come before Him in prayer, in weeping and in absolute repentance asking Him to intervene for us; to change this nation from the inside out, from the bottom right through to the top. To end corruption, violence, disrespect for age, putting an end to immorality, to the killing of unborn babies, to turning our back on The Bible and doing our own thing. It has got to stop if we want to see change in our country.
We are going to pray that the Lord Jesus Christ will be honored and lifted up. We will see the miracle working hand of God moving just like in the times of Elijah. May God bless you as you start to pray in your closet every day, earnestly for nothing less than a Holy Ghost revival in this country.
- Please pray for me that I will hear from God and bring the right message – not a message of condemnation, but definitely a message of truth. John 17:17, “Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.”
- Please pray for my family at this time, that Holy Spirit will protect our loved ones as we go into full-scale battle.
- Please pray that God will move in the hearts of the whosoever’s; the housewife, the schoolboy, the businessman, the sportsman, the Ministers, Pastors, black-and-white, old and young, that they would come in the tens of thousands to this event, so that God will move on our behalf.
- Please pray for the finances. There is no organization that is financing this event and it is totally for free. There will be no collections taken and there will be no tickets sold. We are trusting God in raw faith to undertake for us.
- Pray for the organizers, the musicians, the transport and the media
- Please pray for the intercessors. Approximately 300 of them, some of which are praying night and day, and fasting for this event.
- Lastly please pray that the name of Jesus Christ will be reinstated not only in the country, but in the Parliament and that The Bible will begin to be read every single day in Jesus Name.
God bless you
Angus and Jill Buchan.